All IT purchased, or otherwise acquired, by the University must be accessible.
Accessibility Reviews for Procurement
- Purchases over $5,000
Must be submitted through the IT Purchase Compliance process, which initiates accessibility and other necessary product reviews.
- Purchases under $5,000 and free-to-use products
Should consider accessibility in the selection process.
If you would like to consult with the IT Accessibility Coordinator during the selection process, email email@example.com.
What You Can Do
- Provide accessibility information about the product you plan to purchase when you submit your IT Purchase Compliance form.
Information about a product’s accessibility can be usually found in the:
- Initiate communication with the vendor, if accessibility information is not easily located.
If the vendor is not familiar with accessibility requirements, refer the vendor to the Vendor Guide for Accessibility.
- An IT Purchase Compliance request submitted for review with accessibility information is usually processed within five to seven business days, unless vendors or IT Accessibility testing require additional time.
- An IT Purchase Compliance request submitted without accessibility information may be delayed, as additional information will be needed in order to perform the review.
- Standard hardware and software used by one or two people usually pass through the process quickly.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.