This describes the easiest and most direct way to put math on the Web accessibly. There are many advanced options for putting math online, however you must know all of the following information.
- The language you will write the math in (TeX, LaTeX, MathML, or something else)
- The type of HTML document you will be creating (HTML 4, XHTML, or HTML5)
- The correct doctype declaration to use
This tutorial will show you the simplest way to put math online, even if you do now know all of the above information.
How to Add the Math Equation to Your Page
- Create the equation in MathType
- Set your cut and copy preferences in MathType
- Go to the “Preferences” menu and select “Cut and Copy Preferences…”
- Select the “MathML or TeX” option
- Choose either “LaTeX 2.09 and later” or “Plain TeX”. It doesn’t matter which you choose.
- Uncheck “Include MathType data in translation
- Copy the equation from MathType
- Paste the equation into your HTML editor
- Include the following code in the <head> section of your page.