Information presented in tabular format requires special attention to ensure the content is accessible. The structure and formatting of tables are often visually implied. Ideally tables are used for tabular data and not for presentation.
Accessible Tables Requirements
- A designated header row and title
- Tab order of table cells that follows reading order
- Table cells that are not split or merged
- If color is used, it is not the only indication of meaning
- Real table structure (refrain from using images of tables)