Elements of Accessible Audio
- Provide a transcript of the audio file.
- Ensure that the audio player is accessible.
Elements of Accessible Videos
- Make all text in the video accessible.
- Provide captions and transcripts.
Include descriptive language and/or audio descriptions
- Descriptive language allows individuals who cannot see the video visualize the scene.describes the meaningful actions/images in the video.
- Audio description is a narration track that is added to a video to describe the meaningful actions and images in the video.
Accessible Files and Media Players
Some audio and video players are not accessible. When selecting a media player, make sure it has clearly identified controls that can be operated using the keyboard alone.
- The Mediasite interface and media player are both accessible.
- Mediasite recordings can be made accessible by adding captions.
- MP4 files are accessible if they use the general accessibility concepts for audio and video.
- Do not use autoplay.
- Allow the user to decide when to play the media.
- Ensure that controls are keyboard accessible.
- Make certain that a mouse is not required for any control and that all controls are operable with the keyboard alone.
- Support alternative formats.
- The media player should support both captions and audio descriptions.