When creating course content, include these simple accessibility features to increase usability for your materials.
- Color Contrast: Ensure adequate contrast between text and background.
- Emphasis: Use textual features, such as bolded text, to emphasize content, not color alone.
- Heading Styles: Use heading styles to structure your content.
- List Styles: Use bulleted or numbered list styles to structure your lists.
- Hyperlinks: Create descriptive hyperlink text.
- Images: Provide alternative text for images.
- Tables: Use simple tables with designated column and row headers.
- Videos: Use visual language and captions in your videos.